Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Hooray... Dolce Photography!

Ok, so most of you know that I have been dabbling in photogrpahy since my birthday last year. My amazing family (from both sides) went together and got me the Canon xti digital SLR camera- something that was on my list of things to one day own eventually in my life. My wonderful husband knew how badly I wanted one and made the whole thing happen. I photographed my first event that very weekend, and my first maternity shoot the next month. From there I have been blessed to do several maternity shoots, some newborn, baby portraits, and family. My whole life I have yearned to find that one thing that I was truly passionate about. Kirk is so passionate about hunting and guns and diving and logging. I never understood that. But ever since I have gotten my hands on photography I finally understand. I cad spend hours online looking at photos, learning about lighting or camera settings or new editing techniques. Its so rewarding to find something your heart just races for because you know that God created you for that. It is apart of you. That is what photography is for me. It's been one year now and even though I have a LONG way to go till I get to where I want to be, I feel like I have improved a lot over just this one year.

That said, I have been desperatly trying to pick a name for my company. Jenna Luoto Photography just didnt flow. I had literally been so anxious because I could not think of one. I knew what I wanted it to sound like and feel like, but the words just didnt come to me. Than enters Super friend Lianne. I knew once I asked her for an idea I would be awaiting something great. A week later she calls...she has a name. Ready?



Dolce Photography
capturing the sweetest moments in life



I love it. It's perfect and just what I wanted. So, if you don't like it please dont tell me:) And, it sort of fits with My Sugar Nut stuff too (Dolce means sweet in Italian.) So now that I have the name (which still needs to be officially registered with the business bureau...minor detail!) I got started on a website. This is just a trial site so its pretty basic but it's a start...and free for 30 days! Check it out!



4 comments:

Jessi said...

I LOVE it!!!

Kara H said...

Jenna, I LOVE it! The name, the website! Way to go, girl! I totally resinate with finding what you feel God has gifted you with! It really is the sweetest thing! :) Tp know you can't not use that gift He has blessed you with! I am so excited for you, girl!

marisabutterworth said...

LOVE IT!! I am so glad that you are out there using your gift. Great name!!

Tracy said...

I forgot to tell you yesterday...I love the name! And your website looks great too!