Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Worst Flu of my Life!

Some people say that after being married for awhile you start to lose that sense of bonding and can start to find it difficult to find the time just to be together. Clearly these people have never had the flu with their spouse before, because let me tell you, its an experience I wouldn't want to share with anyone else.

This weekend we had the mother of all flus sweep through our house. In fact, we are still very much recovering. Last week Landon complained of a tummy ache on Tuesday, threw up after his nap, then was totally fine. Lydia had been spitting up everything she ate, but was still acting happy as can be. I started feeling super tired on Thursday, and sort of cruddy, but that was as far as it went.

Until Saturday. Oh, Saturday.

I had felt totally fine all morning. Friday we had gone to some friends for dinner, and then Saturday morning I got up and did my last family shoot, all before heading down to Corvallis for the game. It wasn't even until the 4th quarter that I started feeling achey and realized I had to throw up. (Ummmm is there anything worse that puking in a public toilet? Few things if any....) The drive home was pure torture. I didn't have a minute of relief until maybe like midnight, which gave me about 2 hours before I heard Kirk downstairs hopping on my party train. I kid you not...the WORST FLU EVER!

Niether of us could get out of bed in the morning and we were SO BLESSED that Kirk's mom had just had this flu last week so she was able to come down and watch the kids for us all day. Literally, all day. My husband and I laid in bed all day long. Together. Well, in between taking turns puking.

If  your marriage is feeling a little stale, come on over! We will pass on this ultimate marriage bonding flu to you and yours! Its highly contagious. Our neighbors got it, and the family we had dinner with Friday night. How nice are we?!

Ok babe, I love you, but next time....how about a movie?

3 comments:

{a WINK & a KISS} said...

OMG! Too funny but sad for you getting the flu! Isn't it funny how God will provide or FORCE time to slow down and take time together in His own way....and sometimes not the most pleasant!

Mindi said...

Yes, having Jeff hold my hair back for me is so romantic. At least we have our rhythm down now- he hears me puking, brings me some water and a clean bowl, and goes to empty the other one. Lovely. :) Glad you are feeling better!

Tracy said...

So sorry Jenna! That is the worst. We had a similar experience 4 years ago...the weekend we were supposed to go on the youth staff retreat to Sunriver. It was THE WORST...especially with no grandparents around. NEVER want to do that again. Hope you guys are getting your energy back. (And by the way...I still read:)