Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Creative juices are flowing...and Im drowning!

Oh good glory, my brain is on overload. I have SO much I need to be doing but I cant get my mind off of re doing our living room!

So far, I have come to LOVE this site:


Super cool pieces to make. Now I just need a bonus room AND a woodshed.

Im also reeling around the idea of making this coffee table. Cool, huh? And Easy (I think)! I love old doors.




Im realizing I have way too many ideas for just one room. Im trying to let it all settle and trust that God will help all my thoughts conjure into one perfect living space.

So far the words Im thinking are:

Restored
Shabby Chic
Industrial
Natural/Earthy
Neutral
Whimsical
Vintage
Feminine
Outdoorsy

Are you beginning to see my dilemma? What a hodge podge! But yet, its totally ME! The trick will be pulling it all together.

Something tells me we will be sitting on the floor watching tv for awhile.....

P.S. How do y'all feel about slip cover sofas? Do the covers shift and bunch and annoy you? Do they shrink when you wash them? I hate leather- not comfortable to sit on. Im no longer a fan of micro suede. I love the microvelvet feel, but is that too formal for all these other styles Im trying to incorporate? Sigh....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...which is exactly why Pinterest is the best! I find myself constantly compiling new ideas for "someday" projects.... :)

Jessi said...

Have you seen this one? http://pinterest.com/pin/345473379/ Totally genius.

Mindi said...

That door table looks like a cinch! I bet you could do it! Ana-white is one of my faves as well... and thankfully I have my mother in law who helps me out in that department! Ok, so I've had a white slipcover for the last 9 years and it's still going strong. But it might be because it was custom made to fit the sofa. I think it depends on the style of sofa/slipcover and type of material. I have heard some of the ones out in the retail world (ikea, pottery barn) lose their shape pretty darn quickly. The issue I am now running into with mine is that it's our ONLY couch, and I can't clean it often enough to keep up with the boys! But it's nice to just yank the thing off and throw it in the wash. And the stains that it does have now just tell me that I actually use our furniture and have kids :) I still like the microfiber/velvet look... it just all depends on the STYLE of sofa. My sister in law has a micro-velvet and it looks really great in her house, which isn't too formal and has a nice mix of dark and light woods and white wainscoting.