Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Recovery and Remodeling

So we are all finally feeling better around here. Phew...that was a NASTY flu! And its still sweeping...my poor mom and dad both have it now. YUCK-Y!

Im glad Im feeling better today, for many reasons. One is because I had to exert a good amount of energy to vacuum and wipe down our living room furniture to SELL! Yes, Im selling our fun-house-of -furniture. We bought our furniture about 3 years ago, and loved it. SO comfortable, sleek, microfiber. It was just what we wanted. Well, I think what we actually wanted was a huge bonus room (which we do not have) and bought furniture accordingly. If only we had been smart enough to realize the furniture was ginormeous when a.) The sales men says "Ya, this is our most popular set for bonus rooms." to which we replied, "No, its going in our living room." Or maybe even b.) When the delivery man had to stack the pieces on top of each other when they brought them in because I had no idea how I was going to configure and make room for them all.

In the last 2 years I have worked up 2 different configurations, both of which have left us with slim to none walking space in the room. Im not entirely sure what finally pushed me over the edge, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I have got to get something smaller. Our living room is our only living space, so we are in it all the time. I need it to be relaxing and peaceful, which it is not, so I decided to try and sell it and get something else.

You know what else isn't relaxing and peaceful? Craigslist. Uhg....oh how I dread Craigslist. Great finds, hate to sell. After greasy, cussy, bloody stranger man came and got our last couch, Id vowed that I would never let a Craigslist buyer in my house ever again. But how else was I going to sell my entire living room set? I began to pray. God must have known how much my heart needed to feel rested and at peace in my home. A couple of days after I decided to try and sell our furniture, I had a few girlfriends over for a craft day and was telling them about my decision. One friend chimed in that they had been wanting to get some furniture for their large open bonus room (lucky ducks). Long story short, without having to try, I sold our set! (Well, 3 of 4 pieces. Anyone need a loveseat?!!!)

So now I am daydreaming and designing an all new living room! How fun is that?!

Now that my kids are up I am finding it hard to get any full thoughts across, so I will try and post soon some of the ideas/projects I have in mind for the new room. Id love your opinions!


1 comment:

Oh Happy Day Design said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of your ideas. My dream is for our next house to have a bonus room!!! as well as lots of other stuff.. bigger laundry room, actual entry way, office & a mud room.... fingers are crossed that the Lord has the same ideas :)