Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

A moment to treasure

So this has no significance and is a totally random thing to post, but I simply dont want to forget it so this way it is documented forever.

The other night I decided to "fancy" up our dinner a bit (which for me means follow a recipe that isnt in our normal rotation). Kirk didnt get home till late so he didnt get to joy of any of what happened. I made stuffed burgers with feta and green onion and a salad in a parmesan bowl. I threw in come honeydew on the side. I was so proud of myself that I decided to take a picture of it. As I was carrying the plate to the table to take the photo, I totally slipped on something and went FLYING. The plate flew, the food flew, I flew (than landed really hard.) It was a fit for TV fall. Landon, who was sitting in a chair at the end of the table just starred at me with huge eyes, so concerned....than he started crying and saying "Mama Mama." He look so scared. He was so worried about me. My 2 year old. It was the SWEETEST thing. I went over to him (covered in hamburger toppings) and gave him a hug and said, "Its ok sweety, mommy's fine." He sort of sniffled a little bit and looked up at me with those big brown eyes as if saying how much he loved me and was so worried about me. *sigh*
....I than went over to pick up all the food and over my shoulder I hear this giggle. I turn around and Landon is giggling, than belly laughing. I kid you not, laughing so hart he could hardly breath. He laughed, straight, for like 5 minutes. He would stop, take a deep breath and say "Oh man" than just keep laughing. Through out dinner, every 10 minutes or so he would look over to where I had fallen and start laughing again saying, "Mama fall?"
It. was. priceless.
I loved it because it is exactly how we as adults react. When someone falls, we are instantly concerned. The second we know they are ok, we begin cracking up! It was hilarious to me that he reacted the exact same way.
And just for fun, here is a picture of the fateful dinner. That will teach me to try something new;) This was Kirk's plate...mine was obviously not photo ready anymore.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Great story... sounds like you're as clutzy as me! :) And I've had goat cheese burgers before- delish! I'll have to try it with feta!