Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Landon!!!

Well, today has finally come. I shouldnt say finally, it seems like the time flew by! Today my little man turns one year old. I cant even believe it.

I just wanted to blog briefly (ya right) about the amazing last year I shared with my little guy. One year ago today I experience the most amazing presence of the Lord I have every had. You know those moments where there is no doubt in your mind that Christ is standing right next to you, whispering to you and orchestrating everything around you? Those are the moments that make it impossible to ever doubt Him or his love and ability to work miracels in our lives. My labor expereince was perfect; literally. I wouldnt have changed one thing about it. It went smoothly, It felt exhilirating, and it was so humbling. I remember clearly the way I felt overwhelemed with undoubted love just by looking into Kirk's eyes. No words needed to be said. 11 hours later I was holding my little man. My first thoughts (If Im being honest!) were, "Holy crap look at that nose!" and "Were you seriosuly floating around in my tummy not but 5 minutes ago? Weird." It wasnt more than an hour when I literally could not put him down; I was so in love. (And the swelling on the nose went down! I think we were all a little releaved!)

Time passed and Landon began to grow, but God stayed ever present. Here are the times I felt so blessed by the Lord's presence;
1.) I remember several times, but one in particular when I looked down at Landon and thanked God so heart felt for trusting Kirk and I with him. I know what I am capable of and I definatly do not have it in me to create a human being. That is all God. He merely intrusted Kirk and I with Landon. He is God's child. It was so humbling to look at what I condisered to be the most beautiful baby in the whole world and know that God trusts us enough to take care of him.
2.) I remember looking at Landon and picking apart his facial features. I thought, "How cool is it that God creat I my child to have all of the features I love about babies. Long eye lashes, Dairy Queen little lips and a cute little button nose." Very cool.
3.) We had the hardest time getting Landon to sleep through the night. We tried EVEYRTHING! When the time came to let him cry it out, we prayed for a week; hard. We had our small group, friends, and family praying too. It was a Friday night that we gave it the first shot. By Sunday he was sleeping through the night. No doubt it was a God thing.
4.) Being that nursed Landon until he was 11 1/2 months old, a bottle was foreign to him. He would not have anything to do with it. I tried off and on starting about 6 months, just incase I was ever gone and he needed to take a bottle. He would not take it...at all. Than, around 10 months I know that weaning was coming soon and he NEEDED to learn to take the bottle. I prayed and prayed and in the morning unstead of going down to nurse him, I went in the kitchen and made a bottle. I went in, sat down and held him in my arms, prayed one more time, and....magic. He took it. No fighting it, nothing. I literally cried. I felt so comforted with God's love for me.

There are so many other great memories from the last year, but I have already written a novel! I will save the rest for my journal, lol.

*Here's to Landon....**cheers**

1 comment:

marisabutterworth said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Little Man! We love you and miss you! Liam and Finny can't wait to hang out again. Have fun at your party and we hope you like the cake!