Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Prayers for Kasey

Yesterday we found out that one of our closest friends is battling testicular cancer. He went into the doctor yesterday to be examined when the doctor immediatly found a large tumor. He sent him over for xrays where the results led him to schedule surgery Monday morning. Until running the biospy following the surgery they wont know for sure, but the doctor seemed fairly certain that it was cancerous. Which means following his surgery Monday he could likely go through some chemo and maybe radiation for preventative purposes.

1 week ago there was no sign of anything. This wave of shock has blindsighted my closest friends. My heart is breaking for them, for myself, for their families, and for my husband. I literally watched Kirk fight off tears all night last night. Kasey and Kirk have been friends since birth. They were born on each other's due dates, a week apart. Their friendship has stayed intacked for almost 28 years. Their parents were in a bible study together when they were born, and for several years following. They prayed over the boy's future spouces, over their health and safety. And here we are now in our small group. Kasey and Kirk close like brothers. Lisa and I best friends with an annointing from the Lord. And our babies, who we pray the same prayers over. Kasey and Lisa are Landon's God parents. I know Im rambling, I just cant wrap my head around all of this. My best friend's husband, my husband's best friend. You seriosuly never expect this to hit so close to home.

At this point all we can do is... pray. There are still so many unanswered questions, and the possibility of nothing or something. These are the times when we truly must surrender in prayer to the Lord. When we must hold onto the scripture,"...be still and know that I am God." Please be praying for our friend, Kasey. Prayer for healing, comfort, peace, joy, contentment, unity, strength, and blessings. I am truly so thankful for this network because I know how many of you out there that read our blog really do pray over these requests...and we feel so thankful and blessed over that. That's why I chose to call upon you for prayers. Ill update this once we find out more....
Kasey-
Just know how much we love you. If nothing else out of this, may this be a time in your life when you are deeply reassured of how much people truly love you and care about you.
(here's some pictures...cuz its what I do!)
Kirk and Kasey at their 1st bday party


Kirk and Kasey at Kirk's 21st bday party
Kasey with Landon (1 month old)
The adorable Kauer family:)

1 comment:

Jo and Li said...

We are praying for Kasey and fam! We have a gracious and faithful Lord that will see this family through. Love you friend.