Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Daddy is finally home

So after being gone for 13 days, Kirk finally graced us with his presence. No elk, but who's counting right? ;) He seemed to have a great time with his dad, uncle, and grandpa so I'm happy for him.
Now to the most important question....did Landon give him the cold shoulder?
As soon as Kirk called and said he would be home in about 10 minutes I was exclaiming with great excitement, "Dada's almost here!" causing my precious little son to start his fuss/fast breath/happy sound and running to and from that little window. Once daddy pulled in and the puppy ran up to Landon he was instantly giggling (Landon, not the dog. That would be creepy Althought Im pretty sure Macy was glad to be home too). When Landon heard dada's voice, the fuss/fast breath/happy sound took off again.

Daddy's arms reached out. Landon paused. Would he turn away? Give him the pouty lip? Bury his head onto my shoulder. Nope. Arms reached straight to his daddy. As cute as the face was on my precious son, I was more warmed by the one on my husband. So in love with our son.

Since than they'v been pretty inseparable. Kirk took him to Sharis for breakfast the next morning so I could "sleep in." (Which if he wakes me up to tell me he is leaving and ask what he should give him to eat and how to dress him doesnt really let me continue sleeping, but it was the thought that counts!) Here are some pics of my guys watching the John Deere video. (Ugh.)
This one just cracks me up. He is such a boy. In a tv daze, mesmerized by good 'ole John Deere:)

We're sure going to miss daddy AGAIN this weekend when he takes off to Seattle. Go Hawks! (or whatever) ;)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Kirk took him to Sharis for breakfast the next morning so I could "sleep in."

Ummm could your husband please befriend mine & give him some POINTERS??! ;-)

Colie said...

I love your description of the return. Very creatively written Jenna:-). It's great that they had a daddy/son breakfast. Randy takes Caleb to breakfast a few times a month and will do the same with Tana soon. It's very important and such a great thing:-).

marisabutterworth said...

So cute. I can't believe that Kirk was gone that long HUNTING!!! Pass that on for me ;) I am glad that they are back and that Lando's so happy. I'm sorry he's leaving again so soon. We will make sure to get him back down to you asap!!

Oh Happy Day Design said...

oh my gosh that seriously got me all choked up!! Being a mom turns you into a sap!!