Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bucket 'O Genius

So Friday night we rented Wall-E and I cuddled up on the couch with my two guys. Yes, literally cuddled up all under one blanket...little blonde head on my chest and a strong man hand around my shoulder. Does life get better?

Anyway, Landon loved Wall-E. And, to be honest, so did Kirk and I. It was the sweetest little movie! Landon was begging to start it over again once it ended, but given that it was 8:45 we had to head him off to bed.

Since we have moved him into his toddler bed, our morning routine is a little different. i.e. I cant lay in bed the extra 20 minutes I sometimes need to wake up, listening to him singing "Oh Mama!" from his crib. Once I hear him up and playing around, or more likely pounding on the door saying "Hell-O??" I have to get my mommy butt out of bed and mosey on down. Saturday morning he must have entertained himself for a bit before letting his vocal chords free because when I opened the door he was sitting on the floor with this:
"See mama? Wall-E!"
Im not even kidding, he has never played with this toy before. He never really showed interest in it before. This is what it looked like, in a basket, when he went to bed.
His little brain bring so much joy to my heart as I watch it develop more and more. It gives me a.) pride and b.) fear for future science projects when he asks "Mama can you help me with this?" and in my head Ill be thinking "No, actually I cant. Lets call Auntie Lisa."

3 comments:

Oh Happy Day Design said...

What a cute creation he made and a little smarty pants!

Mindi said...

What a little smartie you have on your hands! How cute is that?!

Michelle said...

Sooo cute! Bailey loves Wall-E too, it's one of the few Disney movies she's seen and we were surprised by how much she likes it!