Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Its a Girl!

Ok, for those of you biting your lip everytime you are around us (mom) and trying so hard not to ask when the next one is coming....NO, we are NOT pregnant. But, we did get a little girl on Sunday.

Her name is Vimbisoyashe, we will call her Vimbi:) She is our sponser child from South Africa. Kirk and I had always talked about sponsering a kid but you know you hear all this stuff about how organizations arent legitimate, etc. So sick. But, we had a group of kids from South Africa come to perfrom at our church on Sunday and the organization they are with had tables set up. You actually "picked" your kid, which I thought was a little wierd. But, I prayed. I prayed for God to make it clear which "kid" was for us. I really wanted a little girl and when I walked up to the table I saw pamphlet and pamphlet of little boys. Than, one little girl. On the whole table, there was one girl. And she was adorable. She is 4 years old, born Jan. 6th, has lost both parents to AIDS, no siblings, and is being raised by her aunt. It is SO sad, but Kirk and I both felt so special when we looked at her little picture. We felt a pull toward her, which is only a thing God can do in our hearts.
Meet Vimbi:)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations on your new addition :) Thats awesome.

amy minton said...

She is so precious! Congrats!