Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Artic Blast

It seems like it just keeps coming. At first it was cool and beautiful, and now its adding the awestruck factor. Each morning its just more and more, not the melted piles we are used to here in McMinnville. Our internet was down yesterday but it was working again this morning so here are some pictures. I took a video of Landon yesterday cause he was actually WALKING in the snow. Ill see if I cant get in on here. It was pretty cute:) I just pray that everyone stays safe, and a special prayer for Megan and her little family as they truck on over for Bend to celebrate Chrsitmas with family. They are used to have snow but its probably usually nice to hit a clearing over the pass...which wont happen this time! Also Marisa, Jesse, and the boys are stuck in Califormia unable to fly into Seattle or even Portland. Prayer that they cna remain positive, that the boys dont get too stir crazy, and that they can find some joy in the experience God has placed them in. (Easier said than done, I know!)

Another thought I had that I wanted to share. Lets not forget the God is in control of EVERYTHING. He directs and creates EVERYTHING. In the midst of the economic stress and all the pressure and sadness people are feeling over not being able to afford gifts for people this year, God sort of locks us all in and says, "Hey, its not about getting to the store and buying those gifts. Its about family and traditions. If you dont get that than Im going to lock you in with them so you cant go anywhere! You cant get to the mall to get those gifts. You cant get into work. You will stay home with your families, and enjoy the Spirit of Christmas." And more than that, this is about His SON and the day he stepped into our world. He came to wash us WHITE AS SNOW. Here is our reminder of how pure and magical that really is. As this snow blankets or state may it be a reminder of the blanket of God's grace and forgiveness that Jesus came into this world to provide us with.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very well said, Jenna :-)

Love the ruler pic!

Kara H said...

Wonderful post, Jenna! You are so right! There is so much more JOY and less stress in avoiding malls and giving things like your time, presence, even home-made gifts!
I really can't believe how much snow you guys are getting! People must be in full on shock! :)
Hope you are doing well, and Greg and I wish you and your beautiful family a wonderfully blessed Christmas!!!