Yesterday was horrible. At 2:49 I got a text from a friend asking for prayer for Kevin Ivey as he was in a work accident and flown to OHSU. I was driving through town and I turned the radio off and lifted my words and my heart to the Lord praying for a blanket of protection over his body. 2 hours later I was driving to Newberg and called Stacey to see how things were going. I couldnt believe what I heard. She whispered through the phonen; He had passed away. I started to shake. I had no words to console my friend because I was in shock myself. I told her I loved and I loved Bret. I told her that I was praying for them . I told her that I loved Sally and Im praying for her. I told her I was so sorry. I didnt know what else to say. There isnt anything else to say. No words can heal or comfort at this point. Even as I sit here typing I dont know what to say.
Kevin was one of the coolest guys Id ever known. He was hilarious, so light hearted and had a zest for life. He was an amazing father and my gosh; a husband. If you've ever seen The Notebook you have an idea of the type of love that he and Sally shared. It beamed from them. They were absolutely best friends and were so, so, so in love. You always hurt for someone when their spouse dies, but it feels so much deeper for Sally. They were a marriage mirrored by God's design; they were one flesh. So Sally didnt just lose her spouse, she lost a part of herself in a real way. When I got married I listed couples that I wanted to mirror in my own marriage. They were the first couple on my list; the no brainer couple. I have so many memories of Kevin. For years Cass was my best friend and I spent more time at that house than at my own. It is so tragic to lose anyone so suddenly, but my heart breaks so much more because of the love that was lost. He was loved by so many people. I can still hear his laugh and see his crooked smile. His whole body laughed. As I sit here right now I can see and hear him and Sally laughing together. It filled the room and made everyone smile. But I cant help but picture where Sally is sitting right now and what she is feeling. Again, NO WORDS. I pray for Sally right now, God. I pray that you wrap her in your arms of love and comfort her if that is even possible. Speak through every person that comes in contact with her that their words may have a chance to comfort her in some way. That the silence will be filled with your voice. Sally has always been the most ispirational person in my life. I even wrote an essay on her in college. I wish there was some way that I could lift her up right now the way she has lifted me since I have known her. If not me, that someone else could.
I pray for my friends Bret and Stacey. The shock and the loss that they are feeling. Two of my best friends are so broken right now and there is nothing I can do. It is such a helpless feeling. I pray that God wraps them in his love and lets them know that we are all here for them whatever they need. Meals, prayer, a shoulder, whatever.
I pray for my friend Cass. She was my best friend for many years and although paths of lifes have taken us apart there is something about that deep of a friendship with someone, it never totally fades. You get a piece of each other's heart when you are that close and that piece doesnt get replaced. Cass has a piece of my heart and I pray that that piece might replace in hers right now some of the pain she is feeling. May it comfort her. I treasure from the depths of my heart the years we spent together and my heart is so broken for her right now.
This whole family has always been so inspiring and so supportive and loving of one another. I pray that right now, that is what gets them through this. My God hear my prayers this morning.....
No comments:
Post a Comment