Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Cleaning Schedule

A friend mentioned to me awhile ago about this site that you could personalize and purchase a daily cleaning schedule. The idea is to never have to spend the whole day cleaning, but rather conquering specific tasks each day and staying on top of it. Since she mentioned it to me I have on more than one occasion text her asking, "WHAT WAS THAT SITE AGAIN?!" (each time following a crazy person meltdown after cleaning my entire house all day long, only to have it destroyed in a days time.) Now, I've decided to come to terms with the fact that my house will never be 'clean' in the sense that every room is dusted, clean, organized, folded, etc. all at once. And if it is, it wont last that way through the afternoon. And you know what? That's ok. It means little lives are happening in our humble abode.

That said, there are certain tasks that just HAVE to be done, even if it feels like I never stop cleaning-EVER. I recently had one of the said breakdowns and went to text my friend (having forgotten the site yet again) only to remember she was IN LABOR. I figured I wouldn't bug her with a menial question. (I know, I know...I'm an overly thoughtful friend, what can I say?)

So, what's a girl to do? I sat down and made a list of each room and ALL the tasks that need to be done in those rooms. I then typed them out and assigned them a day of the week. Funny thing, as I looked over it I realized that doing one room a day would take no time at all! (It's that Everyday section that still makes me fight off tears of exhaustion).

 Anyway, I decided I would post it here incase it would seem helpful to any of you. Everyone's house is different but it could at least give you a start.
And, if you want a personalized version in this format to frame or do something cute with, email me!
(Dont mind the made phone pic. My camera is packed up from a shoot and I didn't want to dig it out.)


Happy Cleaning!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

You are too funny! Motivatedmoms.com But it looks like you don't need it! Nice list!