Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

For the longest time (like for reals....I cant even remember when I first wanted to do this. I LONG time ago). Anyhoo....for the longest time I have wanted a giant chalkboard on this one wall in our house. You see the wall from afar when you come through the front door and I have haphazardly hung random wall hangings there over the years, none to which ever seemed quite right. I knew I wanted the giant chalkboard but COULD NOT for the life of my find one. I was simultaneously looking for a cool old frame in which to mount it. Again, to no avail. Then I saw a friend post her DIY project of said giant chalkboard. She of course had used the chalkboard paint (in which I had used in the past and did not like.) As it turns out, she too had been trying to find this fateful chalkboard and evidentally it just doesn't exist. I resorted to using the paint as well, but needed to find just the right frame.

My rockin husband got home early yesterday and let me leave the nest for a few hours. I snuck in to Goodwill and found SEVERAL pieces for projects I had been hoping to start. One of which was this oh so much potential frame. (Its plastic, but who cares, right?!)


 Here are a few pictures of the transformation process.
 Sprayed the smooth side with chalkboard paint
 I chose to make the frame white. Debated a fun funky color, but I always seem to resort to neutrals.
 And....voila!
Im knocking out a BUNCH of projects that have been festering on my creative heart lately. I will blog them as I finish them!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Cute! I didn't know there was a chalkboard spray paint! I used the paint-paint kind... probably took much longer my way! Looks great! Can't wait to see what's next!

Jessi said...

GREAT IDEA! I think I'm going to steal it and make a menu board for my kitchen. :)